Arkansas Insurance Department
1200 West 3rd Street
Little Rock, AR 72201-1904
Exam Provider: Pearson VUE
- To obtain a Licensing Information Bulletin, go to the Pearson VUE website at http://www.pearsonvue.com.
- To schedule an exam, contact Pearson VUE at 1-888-204-6259 once examination permit is received.
Note: A test date cannot be scheduled without an examination permit in hand. This permit is obtained by submitting the competed correct application and fee to Pearson VUE, and is good for only 90 days.
Prelicensing Education Hour Requirements
- Life - 20 Hours
- Accident/Health/Sickness - 20 Hours
- Property - 20 Hours
- Casualty - 20 Hours
- Personal Lines - 20 Hours
- Applicants must apply for their license before actually taking the state examination. Education must be completed prior to applying.
Acceptable Methods of Education
Online Course Requirements
- Time Tracking: Arkansas requires that your online study time be tracked. In order to successfully complete the course, you must complete the required number of hours while studying in the Course Contents Units of the online course. Your online course tracker will be displayed in the upper right hand corner of your page so that you can verify the time spent in the course is being tracked.
- Proctor: In order for a certificate of completion to be earned and issued, the certification exam for self-study courses must be monitored by a proctor. The proctor must be a disinterested third party or currently licensed agent with no family or financial relationship with the candidate. A friend can be a “proctor” as long as the friend has no financial relationship with the candidate. The proctor must verify the candidates’s identity and complete an affidavit supplied by the approved provider attesting that the candidate received no outside assistance. Membership in a professional association/organization does not constitute a financial relationship.
Certificate of Completion Requirements
- A certificate of completion must be presented at the time the candidate arrives for the exam. A candidate without this certificate will not be allowed to sit for the exam.
- Certificate is valid for 2 years from the date of course completion.
This information pertains to resident license applicants. For additional information for resident licensing, or for nonresident license information, please refer to the Arkansas Insurance Department website at http://www.insurance.arkansas.gov.
This information is based on state laws and regulations and is subject to change. Kaplan Financial Education makes every effort to make sure this information is current and accurate, however, Kaplan Financial Education is not engaged in rendering legal or professional advice and shall not be held responsible for inaccuracies contained herein.