Accounting Continuing Education Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to all of your questions about Kaplan's Accounting Continuing Professional Education (CPE) solutions. If you have any additional questions or would like to work with our student support team just contact us.
FAQ for Accounting Continuing Education
Check with National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) for information about CPE requirements in your state.
If you're currently enrolled in one of our courses and have questions related to:
- Locating/tracking materials, rescheduling a class, or filing of CPE credits, please contact our Student Support team: 800.824.8742 or CPEsupport@kaplan.com.
- Accessing or viewing your courses or assistance with online education, our Technical Support team can help you: 800.824.8742, then choose option #2. Please visit the Technical Support page for current tech support hours.
All attendees will receive a certificate of completion to document attendance at the end of each program. Timelines for when you will receive your certificate of completion vary.
- Self-Study Online Courses: Accessible within an hour of completion
- Live Webcasts: Accessible within 10 business days of attendance
- Live Seminars: Accessible within 21 business days of attendance
- Conferences: Accessible within 21 business days of attendance
Note: If you lose your CPE Certificate & require a new one, a $25 per certificate fee will be charged.
You can find your CPE certificate of completion for Kaplan Financial Education, powered by SmartPros, by following these steps:
- Log in to your account at eCampus.SmartPros.com
- Select My Certificates in the left navigation pane
Kaplan's Student Support team can help you with accessing your certificate of completion. You can contact them by calling 800.824.8742 or emailing CPEsupport@kaplan.com.
Refunds for online courses may be issued to a student under the following conditions:
- The course was paid for by the student
- No final test has been taken for the course
- A written refund request has been submitted by the student to Kaplan within 30 days of purchase
If you are unsatisfied with your materials, call or email our Student Support team at 800.824.8742 or CPEsupport@kaplan.com
Students are eligible for a refund based on the following criteria:
- 15 days prior to the seminar date—full refund
- Between 14 and 6 days prior to the seminar date—$50 processing fee
- 5 days or less prior to the seminar date—no refund
In the unlikely event that Kaplan cancels a live seminar, students will be notified in advance whenever possible, and students will be eligible for a full seminar enrollment refund only. All other incurred expenses, including travel, lodging, and test fees, are non-refundable.
Call or email our Student Support team at 800.824.8742 or CPEsupport@kaplan.com to cancel or reschedule a live seminar.
A registrant may transfer their registration to another program for current year only (depending on availability) or substitute another person without a penalty 15 days prior to the program date. Transfers and substitutions requested up to 6 days prior to the seminar will be charged a $50 processing fee. There will be no transfer allowed 5 days or less prior to the seminar.
- AM Session: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm EST
- PM Session: 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm EST
- Full day: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EST (45 minutes allotted for lunch)
Kaplan Financial Education joined forces with SmartPros in 2015 to offer the most comprehensive online CPE in the industry. You can visit eCampus.SmartPros.com to access your Kaplan CPE courses, powered by SmartPros.
FAQ for Kaplan Financial Education
If you can't access your course, please contact our Technical Support team by calling 800.824.8742, then choose option #2. Please visit the Technical Support page for current hours.
If you’d like to place an order for someone else, but you are not an admin and/or don’t have access to a company portal, please contact our Student Support team at 800.824.8742.
Need a Little Guidance?
Connect with our Student or Technical Support teams for further assistance.