Stay current on trends and gain greater insight into timely financial topics by attending an upcoming live webinar for financial professionals or watching an Ondemand webinar. Our free events are open to advisors and staff of all levels. Certain webinars may qualify for College for Financial Planning® continuing education (CE) renewal credit.
Value of a Financial Designation
Whether you are just starting out in financial services or have already earned your CFP® mark, a financial designation can add to your skill set and help advance your career. College for Financial Planning®—a Kaplan Company presents this webinar to help you explore financial designations that expand your expertise and empower you for your current career stage.
Insights from Behavioral Finance on Financial Planning and Real Estate
Continuing Education (CE) Credit: Viewing the webinar OnDemand qualifies for 1 hour of College for Financial Planning Professional Designation Renewal CE credit.
No other asset class has quite the hold on our hearts that real estate has. While it is prudent to evaluate its benefits and risks to clients’ portfolios, cash flow, and financial planning, clients often resist objective analysis. Behavioral finance can provide a useful perspective for working with clients’ biases and irrationalities. This advanced-level webinar will provide financial planners and real estate professionals with useful advice for dealing with clients’ subjectivity. A panel of financial planning and real estate experts will demonstrate best practices for helping clients utilize real estate to further their financial goals despite their irrational beliefs and behaviors.
- Explore the role of real estate in financial planning
- Describe behavioral finance concepts and research
- Distinguish different types of cognitive and behavioral biases
- Recognize the effect of biases on client behaviors
- Explore methods of mitigating biases
- Analyze real estate and financial planning professions’ mutual interests
Insights from Behavioral Finance and Real Estate
Meeting the Investor Education Demand for Sustainable Investing
Sustainable investing in the United States continues to expand at a robust pace: as of 2020, one in three investment dollars in the United States uses environmental, social and governance criteria for analysis.* As the demand for investing in ESG products, impact strategies and sustainable investment funds grow, it is critical for financial advisors to learn and understand sustainable investing in order to effectively meet this new wave of client demand.
- Current state of investor demand for ESG investing
- How to develop an SRI strategy for a client
- How financial advisors can be conscientious in their investment choices by avoiding "greenwashing"
Meeting the Investor Education Demand For Sustainable Investing
Updated Data and Topics from the Chartered SRI CounselorSM Program
To support those who hold or are studying for the Chartered SRI CounselorSM credential (CSRIC® designation) with staying current in the sustainable investing field, Jennifer Coombs, Associate Professor at the College for Financial Planning® —a Kaplan Company, and Michael Young, Manager of Education Programs from The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment (US SIF), will cover some important updated information that is included in version four of the Chartered SRI CounselorSM program.
These topics include:
- Significant trends and data in sustainable investing from the 2020 US SIF Trends Report
- An updated discussion on the views and status of ESG items with the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Fundamentals of sustainable finance and its link to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- The process by which impact reports are developed for organizations and how portfolio impact can be monitored for performance.
This OnDemand web seminar is a recording of our live web seminar hosted on July 29, 2021. 1 hour College for Financial Planning Professional Designation Renewal CE credit is applicable for viewing the web seminar OnDemand.
Updated Data and Topics from the Chartered SRI Counselor Program
President Biden's Tax Plan - The Implications for Advisors and Their Clients
With a new presidential administration, as well as changes in the U.S. Senate and Congress, there are significant tax changes anticipated in 2021. As such, clients and their advisors will need to reassess whether their current tax and estate planning strategies are still appropriate or need updating based on upcoming legislation. This free web seminar reviews those potential changes and how advisors and their clients can plan accordingly.
Faculty of the College for Financial Planning®—a Kaplan Company cover analyzing and reviewing proposed changes and strategies for:
- Individual, corporate, and capital gains rates, as well as available deductions and credits
- Student loan repayment or deferment
- Estate and gift exemptions, step-up basis, and trust saving techniques
This OnDemand web seminar is a recording of our live web seminar hosted on April 22, 2021. No continuing education (CE) credit is applicable for viewing the web seminar OnDemand.