Kaplan Financial Education Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to all of your questions about Kaplan's education programs. If you have any additional questions or would like to work with our Student Support team, just contact us.
Kaplan Financial Education FAQ
Read about each subject area's PassProtection™ policy below.
Insurance and Securities Licensing
Kaplan Professional Education is confident that you will pass your Securities or Insurance Licensing Exam after taking our Live Class. However, in the event that you were unsuccessful in passing your exam, or simply wish to take the class again, please contact our Student Support team at 800.824.8742. You may retake the same class, subject to the conditions described herein, within your access period.
All enrollments under the PassProtection™ program are subject to space availability in the requested class. Web-based courses or classes may be substituted for live classes at our discretion. PassProtection™ enrollments are limited to your product’s access period. If you want to extend your access period for an additional amount of study time, fees may apply and a new PassProtection™ Retake term will begin.
For more information, please call Student Support at 800.824.8742.
You are eligible for PassProtection™ if you purchase a Live Review Study Solution. If you do not pass the CFP® exam after purchasing a Live Review Study Solution, you will receive a free subsequent Live Review Study Solution within a one-year window of time (three exam cycles).
To be eligible, you must submit your Official Score Report to firstname.lastname@example.org within three weeks of receiving it from CFP Board. All exam results will remain confidential.
Insurance Continuing Education
Insurance Continuing Education does not offer PassProtection™. If you take the course, you are able to take the final exam as many times as you wish until you attain the score you need.
If you can't access your course, please contact our Technical Support team by calling 800.824.8742, then choose option #2. Please visit the Technical Support page for current hours.
If you’d like to place an order for someone else, but you are not an admin and/or don’t have access to a company portal, please contact our Student Support team at 800.824.8742.
Our policy gives you the opportunity to reschedule up to 8 days before your class. If changes or cancellation takes place within 8 days of the class, a $20 admin fee or $100 cancellation fee may apply. Call or email our Student Support team at 800.824.8742 or email@example.com with the date, time, and location that works best for you. If you want to extend your access period for licensing classes for an additional amount of study time, fees may apply.
If you're currently enrolled in one of our courses and have questions related to:
- Locating/tracking materials, rescheduling a class, or filing of CE credits, please contact our Student Support team: 800.824.8742 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accessing or viewing your courses or assistance with online education, our Technical Support team can help you: 800.824.8742, then choose option #2. Please visit the Technical Support page for current tech support hours.
- Click Login in the top menu.
- Choose your product.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click the Login button.
If a security warning pops up, click Yes.
- On the left menu bar, click Access Your Courses.
- The first time you log in, you will see the Terms & Conditions.
- Read the Terms & Conditions and click I Agree.
- You should now be in the Online Access home.
Follow these steps to change your password:
- Enter your email address here.
- In the recovery email you received, select the link provided to input your new password.
- After submitting your password, select Log in now and log in with your username and password.
- Select Access Your Courses in the upper right corner.
- Select your course to begin studying.
Please view our current return policy.
Technical Requirements and Support FAQ
As Kaplan goes through the technology migration please note the system requirements vary for which product you have purchased. Please view your system requirements by technology platform below:
- E360 Platform
- Adobe Platform
E360 System Requirements
|Operating System||Windows 7 - 10||OS X 10.9 to 10.12|
|Browser: Browsers with WebRTC browser extension and the ability to install browser extensions for audio/video and screen sharing.|
Mobile is supported by the use of the HTML5Meeting App. Available in the AppStore and Google Play Store.
* Minimum requirements depends on the number of video feeds
Adobe Connect System Requirements
|For Meeting Application||For HTML Clients|
|Operating System||Windows 10 (64-bit, Windows 10 'N' Edition users must install the 'Media Feature Pack' before installing the application.)||Mac OS X 10.13, 10.14 and 10.15||Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)||Mac OS X 10.13, 10.14 and 10.15||No application support is available for Linux. All features enabled in HTML browser except screen sharing.|
|Memory Requirements||1 GB of RAM (2 GB or higher recommended)||512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)||2 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended)||2 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended)|
|Hardware||Intel Core 2 or faster processor (or equivalent)||1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo or faster processor||Intel Core i5 or faster processor (or equivalent)||Intel Core i5 or faster processor (or equivalent)||Ubuntu 18.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7|
|Mobile Support||Mobile is supported by the use of the HTML5Meeting App. Available in the AppStore and Google Play Store.|
LIVE ONLINE CLASSES & EVENTS
Connection: Minimum 512 Kbps for students, webinar participants, and meeting attendees
SERVER REQUIREMENTS (VPN ACCESS)
1935 (RTMP), 80 or other HTTP port, 443 if SSL is enabled; 25 for SMTP (optional); 1433 for external database (optional)
To ensure a smooth transition for your organization, please take the following steps and contact us if you have any issues.
- Allow for TCP connection secured over TLS over port 443 along with UDP Ports 443 and 10,000 - 20,000
- If your company utilizes an internet browser not natively compatible with WebRTC (IE11 or before, Safari 10 or before), install the Temasys plugin.
Please navigate to this website to install the Temasys plugin on your machine OR forward onto your IT team to install across your company's network.
If I try launching the Live Online classroom and my browser does not natively support WebRTC, what can I expect?
When launching the Live Classroom from a browser that does not natively support WebRTC (i.e. IE 11), the user will receive an Audio/Video Plugin Required message.
WebRTC is a protocol supported by modern browsers. If your browser does not support WebRTC, you must install the Temasys WebRTC browser plugin or use a supported browser. Please see the list below. We recommend utilizing the latest versions of your browser. To test your browser, please run this test: Kaplan Connection 2.0 Browser Test.
Kaplan makes every attempt to make our websites and products mobile- and tablet-friendly. However, not all features are compatible with all tablets and phones.
- When working on the regulated course material, we recommend using a Windows- or Mac-based desktop or laptop computer.
- We recommend the use of Windows 7-10 or macOS 10.9 or later operating systems.
- We recommend the use of current Chrome, Firefox, or Safari browsers. We also support Internet Explorer 11 and Edge.
- For business customers, please verify the browser choice and use with your manager or IT department.
- We recommend online learners have the latest version of Flash (until Aug 1st, 2018) when it will no longer be needed.
- We recommend online learners have at least a 2MB connection.
Need a Little Guidance?
Connect with our seasoned team of Designation Specialists to see what Program is right for you.