Nevada Insurance Licensing State Requirements
On this page, you will find all of the state-specific information for Insurance Licensing in the state of Nevada. This information pertains to resident license applicants. For additional information for resident licensing, or for non-resident license information,
please refer to the Nevada Division of Insurance website at http://doi.state.nv.us. Information is subject to change, and we will do our very best to make the process
of completing your licensing education requirements as simple as possible.
Nevada Department of Business and Industry
Prelicensing Education Hour Requirements
- Life - 20 Hours
- Health - 20 Hours
- Life and Health - 40 Hours
- Property - 20 Hours
- Casualty - 20 Hours
- Property and Casualty - 40 Hours
- Personal Lines - 20 Hours
Note: Above hours include the required 5 hours of Nevada Law.
Exam Provider: Pearson VUE
Exam Reservation Requirements
- All educational requirements must be completed before an examination can be reserved.
Acceptable Methods of Education
Certificate of Completion Requirements
- Applicant submits original certificate of completion to the Nevada Division of Insurance with license application.
- Certificates of completion are valid for two years from the date of course completion.
State Reporting Fees
Exam and/or Prelicensing Education Exemptions
- Persons with at least 10 years employment with an insurer in underwriting or adjusting claims.
- Persons who have been licensed 10 out of the last 15 years.