Our Total Access CE Libraries, Webinars, and Online Courses are insurance continuing education solutions that provide a safe and convenient learning environment for our students, customers, and community. Select Your State »

Oklahoma Insurance Continuing Education State Requirements

On this page, you will find all of the state-specific information for Insurance CE in the state of Oklahoma.

Oklahoma Insurance Department

3625 NW 56th Street, Suite 100

Oklahoma City, OK 73112-4511
Phone: 405-521-3916
Fax: 800-522-0071
Website: http://www.oid.ok.gov
E-mail: licensing@oid.ok.us

Annuity Requirements

Producers who wish to sell, solicit or negotiate annuity products must complete the annuities training requirement which consists of a onetime, 4-hour annuities course.


Long-Term Care Training

Insurance agents who would like to be approved to sell an OLTC Partnership policy are required to complete eight hours of approved long-term care insurance courses. In addition, a four-hour course must be taken every license renewal period. Both courses can be taken via classroom or interactive distance learning offered by CE providers. The courses will apply toward the producer’s biennial continuing education requirement.


All Other State Requirements

Resident Requirements

Transcripts: Click Here for Link

Each producer, with the exception of title or any other producer exempt by rule, shall biennially complete twenty-four (24) hours of CE, covering subjects in the lines for which the producer is licensed, including three (3) hours of ethics coursework.

At least two (2) of the continuing education credit hours of instruction must be taken on State Legislative Updates or Federal Legislative Updates.

Adjuster licensees shall be required biennially to complete not less than twenty-four (24) hours of CE including three (3) in ethics as a condition of renewing the license. Nonresident insurance adjusters who are actively licensed in another state and who are in Oklahoma no more than once a year for the purpose of adjusting a single loss or losses arising out of an occurrence common to all such losses, or who are acting as a temporary substitute for a licensed adjuster are not required to obtain an Oklahoma Adjuster License.

All adjusters that adjudicate workers’ compensation claims in Oklahoma will be required to complete six (6) hours of CE relating to the Workers’ Compensation Act as part of the twenty-four (24) clock hours of CE. Workers’ compensation adjusters are no longer be required to complete six credits of Oklahoma-specific CE.

This state has issued a notice reminding licensees who sell flood insurance of their requirement to comply with the minimum training requirements established by FEMA and the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). The minimum training currently is a onetime 3-hour course on flood insurance and the NFIP program.

All resident agents, CSRs and adjusters with a property line of authority will be required to complete one hour of continuing education under the Earthquake course category per renewal cycle. This new requirement will be included in the 24 hours (CSRs 13 hours) as general credits.

Non-Resident Requirements

Non-residents who comply with CE requirements of their resident state are exempt from Oklahoma CE requirements.

Non-resident adjusters must meet their home state requirement. If home state does not have a CE requirement, adjuster may meet the requirement for Oklahoma, or for another state where an adjuster license is held.

Course Repetition

An insurance producer may repeat a course within the twenty-four month period if the maximum credits designated for the course were not attained in the first attempt. By repeating the course, the producer may not during the twenty-four month period earn more than the maximum credits designated for the course. A producer may repeat a course after two years have elapsed and received the maximum credits designated for the course.

Exam Rules

Online certification exams are closed book. Course materials are not available while the exam is in progress. The final exam must be passed with a score of 70% or higher to receive CE credit. If the exam is not passed on the first attempt, students have an unlimited number of retakes.

Period Requirements

Oklahoma resident and nonresident agent licensees must complete their CE requirements by the last day of their birth month every two years.

Oklahoma resident and nonresident adjuster licensees must complete their CE requirements by the last day of their birth month every two years.

Carryover Criteria Requirements

Six credit hours in excess of the minimum twenty-four month period requirement shall carry forward to the next twenty-four month period. Excess hours may be applied to bring a lapsed license into compliance.

Reporting Requirements

Report within 10 days of completion. Need Agent’s License number to report.

State Reporting Fees

The Oklahoma Department of Insurance requires a course reporting fee of $1.00 per credit hour (online, self-study and classroom courses). This state reporting fee will be automatically charged to you (on the last credit card used in your account) each time you complete an online, self-study, or classroom course.

Instructor Credit

Individuals acting as instructors for continuing education courses receive the same amount of CE credit as his or her students receive for taking the class.

Acceptable Training Methods

  • Online (Internet Delivery)
  • Correspondence (Print)
  • Company Seminars
  • Classroom
  • CBT/CD-ROM (Computer-Based Training)


This information is based on state laws and regulations and is subject to change. Kaplan Financial Education makes every effort to make sure this information is current and accurate, however, Kaplan Financial Education is not engaged in rendering legal or professional advice and shall not be held responsible for inaccuracies contained herein.

View our Oklahoma Total Access CE options:

All Lines
Total Access CE

Recommended - 80+ Courses


Total Access CE from Kaplan Financial Education lets you take all the online continuing education courses you want for one price.

Life & Health
Total Access CE

Access to 45+ Courses


Total Access CE - Life & Health lets you take all the online continuing education courses you want for one price.

Property & Casualty
Total Access CE

Access to 50+ Courses


Total Access CE - Property & Casualty lets you take all the online continuing education courses you want for one price.