Oklahoma Insurance Licensing State Requirements
Oklahoma Insurance Department
How to Get Your Oklahoma Insurance License
1. Complete an Insurance Exam Prep Course
Acceptable Methods of Education:
2. Pass Your Oklahoma Licensing Exam
Exam Provider: Prometric
- To obtain a Licensing Information Bulletin, go to the Prometric website at http://www.prometric.com.
- To schedule an exam, contact Prometric at http://www.prometric.com or 800-341-3257.
- The exam will be administered by computer; you are not required to have any computer experience or typing skills to take the exam.
- You should arrive at least 30 minutes before the exam appointment to sign in, have staff verify your identification, and complete all security checks.
- Identification is required. You must provide two forms of identification:
- Primary ID presented must be an official, non-expired government-issued ID bearing both a signature and photo.
- Secondary ID presented must be imprinted with the candidate’s name and must bear the candidate’s signature.
- Acceptable forms of Primary ID include driver’s license, state or government-issued ID, passport.
- Acceptable forms of Secondary ID include credit card, school ID.
- All identification provided must match the name on the Examination Registration Form and your Registration Confirmation Notice.
What is the exam like?
All testing sessions are monitored during, and video and audio recorded. Compliance with all testing facility security measures is required. You must not bring personal/unauthorized materials into the testing room, including but not limited to:
- Cellular Telephones
- Recording Devices
- Photographic Equipment
The examination contains four-option multiple-choice questions. The examination also contains unscored items. The unscored questions will:
- Be randomly distributed;
- Not count for or against your final score;
- Not count against your time allotted for the test;
- Be used on future exams based on performance.
How is the exam scored?
- There is a minimum passing score of 70%.
- At the end of the exam, you will see a completion notice on screen. A copy of your score report will be emailed to the email address you provided at the time of scheduling. The report indicates the overall score and grade, including the numerical percentage of questions answered correctly and whether you passed or failed. The report also displays the correct percentage in each major section of the exam, as defined by the exam content outline. These section scores are shown to guide you, or your employer and/or trainer, about areas requiring additional preparation for retesting if you do not pass the exam. Even after you pass, you may want to focus on these areas as you begin to provide insurance products and services to the public.
- If you do not pass your exam and apply for your license within one year of completing your prelicensing education, you will be required to retake the prelicensing education course per OAC 365: 25-5-3.
- It takes up to 3 business days for exam results to be transmitted to NIPR/SBS and the state.
How long is the exam?
|Exam Code||Line of Authority||Exam Time||Total Questions|
|1911||Title - Producer or CSR||1 Hour||35 Questions|
|1916||Aircraft Title - Producer||1 Hour|
|1917||Bail Bondsman||2 Hours||100 Questions|
|1930||Property and Casualty - Adjuster||2 Hours 15 Minutes||85 Questions|
|1932||Crop and Hail - Adjuster||1 Hour||35 Questions|
|1935||Workers Compensation - Adjuster||1 Hour||35 Questions|
|1940||Life - Producer or CSR||2 Hours||100 Questions|
|1941||Accident & Health or Sickness Producer or CSR||2 Hours||100 Questions|
|1942||Life, Accident & Health or Sickness Combined Exam - Producer or CSR||2 Hours||150 Questions|
|1943||Property and Casualty - Personal Lines Only - Producer or CSR||2 Hours||100 Questions|
|1944||Property and Casualty - Combined Exam - Producer or CSR||2 Hours 30 Minutes||150 Questions|
|1945||Casualty - Producer or CSR||2 Hours||75 Questions|
|1946||Property - Producer or CSR||2 Hours||75 Questions|
3. Apply for an Oklahoma Insurance License
Wait 3 business days for your exam results to be transmitted to NIPR/SBS and the state. Access the OID webpage and submit your online application:
- Submit your produce or adjuster application at www.licensing.oid.ok.gov then click on the blue NEW APPLICATION button.
- Follow the online instructions.
- Submit your Bail bond application at www.bailbonds.oid.ok.gov and follow the instructions provided under Licensee Online Tools in the red box.