Invest in Your Success with the CFP® Mark
Whether you are new to the financial industry, or are an experienced financial planner, chances are you know about the prestigious CFP® certification. With many Baby Boomers heading toward retirement, the need for personal financial planners is growing every day. Recognized as the highest standard in personal financial planning, earning the CFP® mark will give you tremendous opportunities in your financial career.
►Improve your daily practice:
- Gain additional education and knowledge of all aspects of your customers’ financial planning needs.
- 70% of CFP® professionals say their CFP® certification contributes directly to their success.1
►Enhance your earning potential:
- Studies show that the average annual increase in earning following CFP® certification is 20%.2
- Both solo and team CFP® professional practices generate at least 40% more in revenue compared to other practices.1
►Boost your value in the industry:
- Instill greater confidence in your clients with the most recognized designation in personal financial planning.
- Careers in financial planning continue to grow, with more and more Americans pulling their finances together for the future.4
Start Today! Select your CFP® certification option below.
Not sure if you're ready for the CFP® certification program?
Kaplan also offers the Wealth Management Specialist (WMS) designation. The WMS program is designed for entry-level financial professionals, financial advisor support staff, and those want to advance in their careers quickly but don’t have time for the rigors of the CFP® exam program.
Set yourself apart:
9 out of 10 consumers feel most confident working with an advisor who holds a financial designation.3
86% of investors look for an advisor who has passed a certification exam and gone through an education program.3
Stay on track for earning your CFP® certification:
Our WMS program is designed as a “stepping stone” designation.
The WMS program gives you a substantial overview of the most critical concepts in financial planning prior to the rigorous CFP® exam program.
WMS holders can bypass the first education course in the CFP® certification education program.
Think the WMS program is the right path for you?
Learn More »
1 Alois Parker, S. Schmitt, “Building a Wealth Management Practice: Measuring CFP® Professionals’ Contribution," Aite Group, February 2016
2 Average as reported in the College for Financial Planning 2014 Survey of Trends in the Financial Planning Industry.
3 CFP Board 2014 Investor Preferences in Selecting a Financial Advisor Survey.
4 "A Career in Demand"; cfp.net.