The demand for personal financial advisors is expected to grow faster than average, at a rate of 7% through 2028, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification has been the standard of excellence for financial planners for more than 30 years and can accelerate your career. Here's how:
Boost Your Value in the Industry
- Gain additional education and knowledge of all aspects of your customers' financial planning needs.
- 83% of CFP® professionals say they have a competitive edge over other financial advisors.1
Attract More Clients
- 4 out of 5 consumers prefer an advisor who takes all areas of their financial life into account.2
- Approximately 72% of respondents to our Survey of Trends reported that their number of clients increased after obtaining their most recent credential.3
Enhance Your Earning Potential
- CFP® certificants report a 12% increase in earnings after obtaining their CFP® mark.3
- CFP® professionals continue to generate more revenue annually per practice and revenue per client overall than non-CFP® financial advisors.4
Prepare with the Industry Leader
Discover a Day in the Life of a Student
Not Sure if You’re Ready for CFP® Certification?
We offer a variety of professional designations that will help you set yourself apart as a financial advisor while preparing you for the rigors of the CFP® exam program. Our professional designations allow you to focus on a subject area to specialize, or build a foundation across all the principles of financial planning.
1 CFP Board website, www.cfp.net/why-cfp-certification/why-get-certified
2 CFP Board website, www.cfp.net/why-cfp-certification/the-standard-of-excellence
3 College for Financial Planning, a Kaplan Company, Survey of Trends in the Financial Planning Industry, 2020.
4Transitioning to Financial Planning: The Benefits of CFP Certification, Aite Group LLC, Dennis Gallant, October 2019.