Utah Insurance Licensing State Requirements
On this page, you will find all of the state-specific information for Insurance Licensing in the state of Utah. This information pertains to resident license applicants. For additional information for resident licensing, or for non-resident license information, please refer to the Utah Insurance Department website at http://www.insurance.utah.gov/. Information is subject to change, and we will do our very best to make the process of completing your licensing education requirements as simple as possible.
Utah Insurance Department
Producer Licensing Division
State Office Building
Suite 3110 450 N State Street Salt Lake City UT 84114-6901
Prelicensing Education Hour Requirements
- The state of Utah does not require prelicensing education.
- Although prelicensing education is not required, due to the difficulty and nature of the exam, Kaplan highly recommends enrolling in a study course.
Exam Provider: Prometric (Effective 1/1/2020)
- To obtain a Licensing Information Bulletin, visit https://www.prometric.com/utah/insurance.
- To schedule an exam, contact Prometric at http://www.prometric.com or by calling (888) 226-9406.
- Fingerprints will be collected at the exam site. Exam results will be reported directly to the state by Prometric, and the candidate will receive an electronic score report at the completion of the exam.
Methods of Education
Certificate of Completion Requirements
- Not applicable
Note: Test scores are valid for 90 days after passing the exam. After 90 days the exam is no longer valid for licensing purposes and must be re-taken.
Disclosure for States that Require a Licensing Exam and License:
All insurance adjusters in this state are required to be licensed. Check with the Department of Insurance in your resident state to see how to obtain an adjuster license.
This information is based on state laws and regulations and is subject to change. Kaplan Financial Education makes every effort to make sure this information is current and accurate, however, Kaplan Financial Education is not engaged in rendering legal or professional advice and shall not be held responsible for inaccuracies contained herein.