Oregon Insurance Licensing State Requirements
On this page, you will find all of the state-specific information for Insurance Licensing in the state of Oregon. This information pertains to resident license applicants. For additional information for resident licensing, or for non-resident license information,
please refer to the Oregon Insurance Division website. Information is subject to change, and we will do our very best to make the process of
completing your licensing education requirements as simple as possible.
Oregon Department of Consumer & Business Services
Oregon Insurance Division
350 Winter St NE Salem, OR 97301-3883
P.O. Box 14480 Salem, OR 97309-0405
Prelicensing Education Hour Requirements
Life - 20 Hours
Health - 20 Hours
Property - 20 Hours
Casualty - 20 Hours
Personal Lines - 20 Hours
Exam Provider: PSI
- To obtain a Licensing Information Bulletin, go to the PSI website at http://www.psiexams.com.
To schedule an exam, contact PSI at http://www.psiexams.com or 800-733-9267.
Acceptable Methods of Education
Online Course Requirements
- Forced progression: This requires the user to successfully complete each page of the online course before being allowed to proceed to the next.
Certificate of Completion Requirements
- Upon completion of the online course, the applicant must receive a score of 70% or greater on the certification exam in order to be issued a certificate.
- Applicants must bring the original certificate of completion with them to the test center on exam day.
- Certificates are valid for one year.
Exam and/or Prelicensing Education Exemptions
Prelicensing education is not required for:
Life, Health, or Life and Health applicants holding the CLU® designation.
Property and/or Casualty applicants holding the CPCU® designation.
Note: Applicants may contact the Insurance Division regarding waivers. If a waiver is issued, the applicant must bring the original waiver letter with them to the test center on exam day. Verification of designation must be submitted to the Insurance Division with the license application.
Process for being issued an Oregon Insurance License
The process for being issued an Oregon insurance producer license are as follows (Note: Applicant must first successfully complete all of the prelicensing education requirements covered above):
- Schedule your state exam through psiexams.com or 800-733-9267.
- Pass your exam.
- While at the exam center have electronic finger prints taken and pay the Fingerprinting Fee. The Fingerprinting Fee includes the state processing fee and PSI processing fee (fee must be paid with VISA, MasterCard, Company check, money order, or cashier’ check ONLY - no personal checks).
- Oregon Producer Finger prints can only be done at a Oregon PSI test site. Finger prints done in the past or for an employer cannot be shared or used for an insurance license. If you have any questions about the finger printing process, please contact Producer Licensing at Division of Financial Regulation, phone 503.947.7981, or email email@example.com.
- Apply online at NIPR.com. This should be done soon after passing the exam.
This information is based on state laws and regulations and is subject to change. Kaplan Financial Education makes every effort to make sure this information is current and accurate, however, Kaplan Financial Education is not engaged in rendering legal or professional advice and shall not be held responsible for inaccuracies contained herein.