Thank you for visiting our redesigned Kaplan Financial website. Your voice matters. Complete our site survey and you could win one of five $50 Amazon gift cards.
Start our 4 question survey »
Welcome to the redesigned Kaplan Financial website. Save 15% on select products with promo code NewLook.  Learn More »

New Hampshire Insurance Licensing State Requirements

On this page, you will find all of the state-specific information for Insurance Licensing in the state of New Hampshire. This information pertains to resident license applicants. For additional information for resident licensing, or for non-resident license information, please refer to the New Hampshire Insurance Department website at Information is subject to change, and we will do our very best to make the process of completing your licensing education requirements as simple as possible.

New Hampshire Insurance Department

License Division
21 South Fruit Street, Suite 14  Concord, NH 03301
Phone: 603-271-0203
Fax:  603-271-7029


Prelicensing Education Hour Requirements

  • The state of New Hampshire does not require prelicensing education.

  • Although prelicensing education is not required, due to the difficulty and nature of these exams, Kaplan highly recommends enrolling in a study course.

Exam Provider: Prometric

Methods of Education

  • Classroom
  • Self-study
  • Online

Certificate of Completion Requirements

  • Not applicable

Exam and/or Prelicensing Education Exemptions

Candidates with the following designations or certifications need only take the applicable Insurance Laws and Regulations exam for the line(s) of insurance for which they are applying:

  • CLU® designees who are applying for only a Life license need only take and pass the NH Life Insurance Laws and Regulations exam.

  • CLU® designees who are applying only for an Accident and Health license need only take and pass the NH Accident and Health Insurance Laws and Regulations exam.

  • CLU® designees who are applying for a Life, Accident and Health license need only take and pass the NH Life, Accident and Health Insurance Laws and Regulations exam.

  • CPCU® designees who are applying for a Property and Casualty license need only take and pass the New Hampshire Property & Casualty Insurance Laws and Regulations exam.

Adjuster License

Disclosure for states that require an Adjuster licensing exam and license:

An individual residing in a state that requires an adjuster license and recognizes the Designated Home State (DHS) exemption may elect to take Kaplan's online Texas Property/Casualty Adjuster course.

The Texas P/C Adjuster license is highly respected in the industry and is available to individuals who want to designate Texas as their home state. This means you can qualify for the Texas P/C adjuster license just as a Texas resident adjuster would and complete the Texas bi-annual continuing education requirement. 

Kaplan’s Texas P/C Adjuster licensing course and exam is ideal for an adjuster seeking an adjuster license under the DHS concept. The course contains the actual state licensing exam for the Texas P/C Adjuster license; therefore, you can satisfy your Texas prelicensing requirement AND pass the Texas P/C Adjuster state licensing exam without having to leave your home or office. Upon completing the Kaplan course and successfully passing the exam, you can remotely apply for the Texas Property/Casualty Adjuster License using the procedures found on the Texas State Requirements page. This will qualify you to adjust in both your home state and numerous other states that recognize the Texas DHS Adjuster license (CO, DC, IA, IL, KS, MA, MD, MO, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, OH, PA, SD, TN, VA, and WI).


Check with the Department of Insurance in your resident state and the states you wish to adjust to see how the Texas PC Adjuster license can be used in those states.

This information is based on state laws and regulations and is subject to change. Kaplan Financial Education makes every effort to make sure this information is current and accurate, however, Kaplan Financial Education is not engaged in rendering legal or professional advice and shall not be held responsible for inaccuracies contained herein.

Select a Line of Authority:

Life & Health

This license qualifies you to explain, sell, and write life and health insurance products in New Hampshire.


Property & Casualty

This license qualifies you to sell products designed to protect from financial issues as a result of damage or injury in New Hampshire.

Personal Lines

This license qualifies you to sell a variety of insurance plans directly to consumers in New Hampshire.




This license qualifies you to investigate and adjust any claim in connection with an insurance policy in New Hampshire.