Alaska Insurance Licensing State Requirements
On this page, you will find all of the state-specific information for Insurance Licensing in the state of Alaska. This information pertains to resident license applicants. For additional information for resident licensing, or for non-resident license information,
please refer to the Alaska Division of Insurance website. Information is subject to change, and we will do our very best to
make the process of completing your licensing education requirements as simple as possible.
Alaska Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development
Division of Insurance
9th Floor State Office Bldg 333 Willoughby Avenue Juneau, AK 99801
PO Box 110805 Juneau, AK 99811-0805
Prelicensing Education Hour Requirements
- The state of Alaska does not require prelicensing education.
- Although prelicensing education is not required, due to the difficulty and nature of these exams, Kaplan highly recommends enrolling in a study course.
Exam Provider: Pearson VUE
- To obtain a Licensing Information Bulletin, go to the Pearson VUE website at http://www.pearsonvue.com.
- To schedule an exam, contact Pearson VUE at http://www.pearsonvue.com or 800-274-5993.
Application Filing Requirements
- Pursuant to Alaska Statute 21.27.040(f), all application filing requirements must be met within four (4) months of the receipt of the application or the application will be considered withdrawn.
Methods of Education
Certificate of Completion Requirements
This information is based on state laws and regulations and is subject to change. Kaplan Financial Education makes every effort to make sure this information is current and accurate, however, Kaplan Financial Education is not engaged in rendering legal or professional advice and shall not be held responsible for inaccuracies contained herein.