About Our Merit Scholarships
The College for Financial Planning®—a Kaplan Company awards 3 merit scholarships annually to individuals who show significant potential or have already achieved outstanding success in finance, financial planning, and/or financial analysis and show promise of being future industry leaders. Our merit scholarships are in honor of achievements of individuals in the financial planning industry and offered for the education programs below.
Our merit scholarships cover tuition for enrollment in the College's CFP® certification education, professional designation, or Master of Science degree program.
Please note: Additional printed materials, extension, and reinstatement fees are not included in the scholarship award.
- Accredited Asset Management SpecialistSM
- Accredited Behavioral Finance ProfessionalSM
- Accredited Portfolio Management AdvisorSM
- Accredited Wealth Management AdvisorSM
- Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM
- Chartered Retirement Plans SpecialistSM
- Chartered SRI CounselorSM
- Financial Paraplanner Qualified ProfessionalSM
Important Note: Students who are currently enrolled in any education program or course through the College for Financial Planning®—a Kaplan Company are not eligible to apply. Scholarship applications received from students who are currently enrolled will be automatically withdrawn.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a U.S. resident
- Must not be a student who:
- Is currently enrolled in any education program or course through the College for Financial Planning®—a Kaplan Company.
- Has previously been awarded a scholarship by College for Financial Planning®—a Kaplan Company.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree from an institution outside of the United States if applying for either a merit scholarship for CFP® certification or Master of Science degree program. (Note: A bachelor’s degree is not required if applying for a professional designation merit scholarship.)
- If applying for a merit scholarship for CFP® certification or Master of Science degree program, must have the following experience:
- CFP® certification - must have between two (2) and seven (7) years experience in the financial planning profession
- Master of Science degree program - must have five (5) or more years experience in financial planning
- Must provide a copy of their current resume (see application below)
- A written response related to your goals and achievements (see application below)
- A written response to the following question: If this scholarship is an investment in you, what will be the financial planning industry’s return on investment? (500-750 words)
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a professional contact
For certain merit scholarships, applicants awarded scholarships must also agree to enroll in and complete their education program as follows:
- CFP® Certification Merit Scholarship
- Enroll within 90 days of being awarded the merit scholarship in either the College’s structured pace or self-paced education program and
- Complete the education program within two years
- Designation Program Merit Scholarship
- Enroll within 90 days of being awarded the merit scholarship in a designation program and
- Complete the program within 120 days after receiving online access
- Master of Science Degree Program Merit Scholarship
- Apply for the Master's program within 90 days of being awarded the merit scholarship
- Complete the program within five years
The annual application deadline is June 30 each year.
Timing of Scholarship Announcements
Awardees will be contacted by email and phone approximately one month after each deadline.
Any questions and all communications regarding the scholarships can be directed to the CFFP Scholarship Committee at the following email: Scholarships@cffp.edu
Freedom Scholarships are available to individuals who serve or have served in the U.S. Armed Forces and show significant potential or have already achieved outstanding success in finance, financial planning, and/or financial analysis, and who show promise of being future industry leaders.