About Our Merit Scholarships
The College for Financial Planning®—a Kaplan Company awards 3 merit scholarships annually to individuals who show significant potential or have already achieved outstanding success in finance, financial planning, and/or financial analysis and show promise of being future industry leaders. Our merit scholarships are in honor of achievements of individuals in the financial planning industry and offered for the education programs below.
Our merit scholarships cover tuition for enrollment in the College's CFP® certification education, professional designation, or Master of Science degree program.
Please note: Additional printed materials, extension, and reinstatement fees are not included in the scholarship award.
Important Note: Students who are currently enrolled in any education program or course through the College for Financial Planning®—a Kaplan Company are not eligible to apply. Scholarship applications received from students who are currently enrolled will be automatically withdrawn.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must not be a student who is currently enrolled in any education program or course through the College for Financial Planning®—a Kaplan Company
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree from an institution outside of the United States
- Must provide a copy of their current resume (see application below)
- Two letters of recommendation from professional contacts (see application below)
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities, community service and/or a commitment to a career in financial planning (see application below)
For certain merit scholarships, applicants awarded scholarships must also agree to complete their education program in the following time frames:
- CFP® Certification Merit Scholarship - must complete the program within three years
- Designation Program Merit Scholarship - must complete the program within one year
- Master of Science Degree Program Merit Scholarship - must complete at least three courses in a year and finish the degree within five years
The annual application deadline is June 30 each year.
Timing of Scholarship Announcements
Awardees will be contacted by email and phone approximately one month after each deadline.
Any questions and all communications regarding the scholarships can be directed to the CFFP Scholarship Committee at the following email: Scholarships@cffp.edu