Financial Paraplanner Qualified ProfessionalSM - FPQP®
The Financial Paraplanner Qualified ProfessionalSM, or FPQP® program, is a designation program that is the perfect introduction to personal financial planning. This program provides an ideal starting point for those new to the financial planning profession with no prior experience, as well as for planners who wish to provide their support staff with additional insights.
Choose your learning modality and complete your FPQP® designation program.
- Live Online Classes
Our Live Online classes are best for individuals who prefer a structured schedule of instructor-led classes to stay on track with completing the program and the advantages of active learning features only possible in a live learning community. Features such as the following help you participate in the learning process, enabling you to apply new skills more quickly into your client interactions:
- Interactive infographics
- Activities using whiteboards
- In-class polls as part of knowledge checks
- Additional handouts to reinforce learning
- Real-time access to instructors to ask questions or get clarifications on challenging concepts
Because this option is structured-pace, classes begin at certain times of the year.
- OnDemand Classes
Our OnDemand classes are best for individuals who need the flexibility to complete a professional designation program at their own pace based on their busy schedule. Your online learning platform will guide you through all your course-related activities, from reading assignments, recorded video lectures and module quizzes to your final exam.
Because this option is self-paced, you can begin the program at any time.
The FPQP® designation streamlines the cost and time toward your next credential.
As you advance your career, the College recognizes the time and investment it takes to earn industry-recognized credentials. Upon completion of the FPQP®, graduates receive exemption from course FP511 in the College's CFP® certification education program.
- If you are a CFP® professional, all designation programs (except the WMS® and LUTCF® programs) fulfill 28 hours of CE as part of your CFP® certification renewal.
- If you currently hold a professional designation from the College, completion of a new professional designation fulfills CE hours as part of the renewal of your current designation.
The FPQP® designation package includes:
The next Live Online classes will be offered during these dates. If you prefer OnDemand classes, you can enroll and begin pre-recorded class lectures at any time.
Note: Students interested in online classes which start August 31, 2021 will be able to enroll online beginning July 29, 2021.