Accredited Portfolio Management AdvisorSM - APMA®
The Accredited Portfolio Management AdvisorSM, or APMA® program, is a designation program for financial professionals. The program educates advisors on the finer points of portfolio creation, augmentation, and maintenance. Students will gain hands-on practice in analyzing investment policy statements, building portfolios, and making asset allocation decisions.
Choose your learning modality and complete your APMA® designation program.
- Live Online Classes
Our Live Online classes are best for individuals who prefer a structured schedule of instructor-led classes to stay on track with completing the program and the advantages of active learning features only possible in a live learning community. Features such as the following help you participate in the learning process, enabling you to apply new skills more quickly into your client interactions:
- Interactive infographics
- Activities using whiteboards
- In-class polls as part of knowledge checks
- Additional handouts to reinforce learning
- Real-time access to instructors to ask questions or get clarifications on challenging concepts
Because this option is structured-pace, classes begin at certain times of the year.
- OnDemand Classes
Our OnDemand classes are best for individuals who need the flexibility to complete a professional designation program at their own pace based on their busy schedule. Your online learning platform will guide you through all your course-related activities, from reading assignments, recorded video lectures and module quizzes to your final exam.
Because this option is self-paced, you can begin the program at any time.
The APMA® designation streamlines the cost and time toward your next credential.
As you advance your career, the College recognizes the time and investment it takes to earn industry-recognized credentials. Upon completion of the APMA®, graduates earn direct credit for:
- Course FP513 in the College's CFP® certification education program.
- One elective course in the College’s Master of Science Degree in Personal Financial Planning.
- If you are a CFP® professional, all designation programs (except the WMS® and LUTCF® programs) fulfill 28 hours of CE as part of your CFP® certification renewal.
- If you currently hold a professional designation from the College, completion of a new professional designation fulfills CE hours as part of the renewal of your current designation.
The APMA® designation package includes:
The next Live Online classes will be offered during these dates. If you prefer OnDemand classes, you can enroll and begin pre-recorded class lectures at any time.