1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Question of the Week contest commences every Wednesday at 9:00 am CT and ends every Thursday at 12:00 pm CT.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and students residing on a student visa in the Eligible Jurisdictions who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Entrants must be present in one of the Eligible Jurisdictions at the time that they enter the Contest. Officers, directors, representatives and employees of Kaplan, Inc. ("Sponsor"), its parent, affiliates or subsidiaries, or their respective advertising, promotion, publicity, production, and judging agencies (“Sponsor and its agents”) and their immediate families and household members are not eligible to enter or win.
4. TO ENTER: To enter, comment on the Question of the Week photo on Facebook with an answer to the posed question during the contest period. Those who answer the question correctly are put into a drawing once the contest period closes and one winner is randomly selected.
5. LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON AND FACEBOOK ACCOUNT. Multiple entries will be disqualified. Entries are void if they contain typographical, printing or other errors. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means are void. Entries that are mutilated, altered, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, tampered with, illegible, inaccurate, forged, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are also void. Sponsor and its agents will not be responsible for late entries, network, computer hardware and software, phone or other technical errors, malfunctions and delays that may occur or for any other problems related to Facebook entries. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account from which the entry is made.
By entering or accepting a prize in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges and these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations.
5. WINNER SELECTION: On every Thursday at 12:00 pm CT, one entrant will be selected from all eligible entries received in a random drawing for the prize to be held in La Crosse, WI. The drawing will be conducted by the Kaplan Financial Education marketing team, whose decisions shall be final and binding in all regards. Participants need not be present to win. A participant may win no more than once per 60 days.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VALIDATION: The entrant selected in the drawing will be notified by Facebook on the day of the drawing. The winner has 24 hours to respond via Facebook message with his or her email address in order to redeem the gift card. Failure to provide an email address within 24 hours may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner in Kaplan Financial Education’s sole discretion. The selected entrant will not be confirmed as the winner of the prize unless and until his or her email address is received and validated by Kaplan Financial Education.
7. PRIZE: On every Thursday a winner will be given a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card. Total prize value is $25. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. In the event that a potential winner refuses his or her prize in writing within 24 hours of prize notification or does not complete the request for their email address, Kaplan Financial Education will randomly select an alternate winner from the remaining pool of eligible entrants.
All federal, state and local taxes are the winner's sole responsibility. No prize substitutions allowed, except Kaplan Financial Education reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prize with a prize of comparable value.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering the Contest and/or accepting the Contest prize, entrants: (a) accept all the conditions, restrictions, requirements and/or regulations required by Kaplan Financial Education in connection with the Contest including, without limitation, these Official Rules; (b) agree to release and hold harmless Kaplan Financial Education and its agents and successors from any and all claims, damages, injury, death, loss or other liability that may arise from entrant’s participation in the Contest or the awarding, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize and (c) agree to be contacted by Kaplan Financial Education by email, mail and/or telephone regarding this Contest. Unless winner is a resident of TN or otherwise prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use winner's name, picture, likeness, address (city, state and country) and biographical information for advertising and publicity purposes in all media worldwide without prior approval or compensation. Acceptance of a prize constitutes a waiver of any claim to royalties, rights or remuneration for said use. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend or cancel all or any portions of the Sweepstakes because of technical errors or malfunctions, viruses, hackers, or for other reasons beyond Sponsor’s control that impair or corrupt the Contest in any manner. In such event, Kaplan Financial Education reserves the right to award prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment or corruption and/or received through uncorrupted methods of entry. Kaplan Financial Education also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who fails to comply with these Official Rules, who attempts to enter the Contest in any manner or through any means other than as described in these Official Rules, or who attempts to disrupt the Contest or the Kaplan Financial Education Facebook account or to otherwise circumvent any of these Official Rules. This Contest is governed by the laws of New York, with venue in New York County, New York. All claims must be resolved in the state or federal courts of New York County, New York.
9. USE OF ENTRANT AND WINNER INFORMATION: The information that you provide in connection with the Contest may be used by Kaplan Financial Education or its partners or affiliates to send you information about their products and services. If you would like your information removed from Kaplan Financial Education's mailing list or if you do not wish to receive information from Kaplan Financial Education, write to Sponsor at: Kaplan Financial Education, Marketing Department, 332 Front Street South, Suite 501, La Crosse, WI 54601. Sponsor will process your request within 30 days.
10. COPY OF RULES: For individual copy of rules available in English visit www.kaplanfinancial.com.
©2015 Kaplan, Inc. Printed in USA. All rights reserved.